Getting an Invisalign Treatment Des Plaines is a big decision and once you have undergone the treatment there are several precautions that you must take. To ensure everlasting results, you must make sure that you take proper care of them. In this article, let’s talk about how you can effectively look after your Invisalign treatment.
How Does Invisalign Impact Your Teeth?
Invisalign are series of aligners that are made from plastic that is clear, durable, and of medical-grade quality. These aligners are used to straighten the teeth. Because they are custom-made to fit the patient’s teeth and gums, they are nearly impossible to detect with the naked eye. There are no metal brackets or wires, both of which have the potential to irritate the gums and mouth of the person who wears them. They can also be taken out in order to eat, brush, and floss your teeth, as well as if you have an event that you would prefer to attend without your aligners in place. So, by wearing them you can straighten your teeth in a more efficient way.
What exactly is involved here?
To begin, you should schedule a consultation appointment with your dentist to talk about Invisalign treatment in Des Plaines and to allow them to examine your teeth and determine whether or not you are a good candidate for the treatment. The subsequent step is to have dental impressions, X-rays, and photographs taken of the patient’s teeth. Based on this information, a digital treatment plan will be created. And you can start with the procedures for Invisalign in Des Plaines right after that. Once the final position of the teeth has been approved, the aligners will be manufactured and then fitted by your Invisalign specialist.
The process typically takes anywhere from six months to twelve months, depending on how complicated the patient’s case is. The aligners have to be worn for approximately two weeks at a time for approximately 22 hours per day. The teeth will gradually shift into the desired position, and your Invisalign dentists will want to see you once every six weeks to check on the development of the treatment and ensure that it is working properly.
How to Look After Your Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment can show its results quicker if you take care of them properly. Here are a few tips and guidelines that you must implement:
- It is important to make sure that you rinse your aligners every time you take them out of your mouth because dry saliva and plaque can foster the growth of odorous bacteria. Rinsing and flossing regularly are also important for keeping your teeth clean and healthy. Some people choose to use an antibacterial mouthwash before cleaning their aligners, but it’s up to you to decide what works best for you.
- If you are using Invisalign, it’s important to keep your aligners clean and free of debris. You can do this by soaking them in denture or retainer cleaner or using Invisalign cleaning crystals. Make sure to follow the instructions that come with your aligners, as each manufacturer has its own way of cleaning them.
- Before placing your aligners back in your mouth, you should brush and floss your teeth for good oral hygiene. Brushing and flossing remove plaque and food that can cause cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems. Plus, it helps to keep your teeth looking their best!
- Make sure the aligners are properly fitted by your dentist.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water to keep your teeth healthy.
- Avoid eating hard foods and chewing on ice cubes or hard objects. This can damage your aligners. And once the damage is done, it is very tough to get it repaired. And even if it is repaired, you may face difficulties in receiving the desired results from the treatment. But by eating soft food, you can easily avoid this problem.
- Aligners are important dental tools that help to correct crooked teeth. However, if they are not properly cleaned and dried, they can become a breeding ground for bacteria and decay. It is important to clean and dry your aligners every day to keep them healthy and functioning properly. Make sure to remove any food or drink residue and store them in a cool, dry place.
- Tooth alignment is an intricate process that requires regular breaks to allow your teeth to adjust to their new position. Teeth that are not properly aligned can cause numerous dental problems and even lead to tooth loss. By taking regular breaks from the aligners, you can help ensure a successful and comfortable treatment experience.
- Be patient; it may take up to two months for your teeth to completely adjust to the new alignment. And if any problems arise while wearing the aligners, see your dentist immediately.
- Brush your aligners with care, as vigorous brushing can leave visible scratches if done incorrectly. When brushing your aligners, use a circular motion and avoid rubbing against the teeth or gums. If you do accidentally scratch yourself while brushing your aligners, rinse your mouth out with water and spit it out. If the scratch is deep enough, you may need to go back to the dentist for a new set of braces.
- Invisalign is a popular treatment for teeth that need to be fixed, but it can be difficult to keep your aligners clean. One way to make sure your aligners are clean is to use a soap that kills bacteria that is not visible to naked eyes. This will help prevent infection and keep your aligners looking their best.
- If you’re wearing Invisalign, you should only drink water. Anything else could stain or attract odors to the aligners and potentially cause them to loosen or even fall out. Additionally, some medications and supplements can also damage the aligners if ingested while wearing them. If you have any questions about how to care for your Invisalign, please contact your doctor or our customer service team.
- Toothpaste is often used to clean teeth, but it’s not the best choice when cleaning aligners. Many types of toothpaste, especially those designed to whiten teeth, contain abrasive ingredients. This can damage your aligners and cause them to wear out faster. They can also dull your aligners or create small crevices in which bacteria can thrive. Instead, use a mild soap and water or an oral rinse designed specifically for aligners.
Invisalign is a popular dental treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to correct teeth alignment. While the results are often very good, it’s important to take care of your aligners if you want them to last as long as possible. In this article, we have discussed several ways by which you can ensure that your Invisalign works in the most efficient way possible. If you are looking for Invisalign Treatment Des Plaines, then you can contact us and get the best quality of Invisalign for your teeth. If you are looking for the budget and Invisalign cost then you can schedule a consultation and we will guide you about everything based on the condition of your teeth. So, schedule a consultation right away!
Let’s have words!
Our team is dedicated to helping our patients find the right Invisalign treatment for their smiles. Contact Roseroot Dental today to book an appointment in Des Plaines and find out if clear braces are right for you. Call us at (847) 558 7973 to schedule a visit.